Self-storage entrepreneur launches app that promises to revolutionise the self-store industry.
The Store Log Flog app has been designed and developed to ensure that it is fit for purpose for both storage yard owners, tenants and even homeowners too.
We witnessed first-hand the increased demand for self-storage solutions and with space at a premium, we knew there was a gap in the market to provide a more radical solution for the self-store industry.
In this blog, we’ll be talking about the recently unveiled app in more detail.
Development & Background
The Store Log Flog app is the brainchild of self-store entrepreneur and the owner of Uppingham Self Store, Dominic Willson.
Having created a successful business in Rutland, East Midlands Dominic saw an opportunity for self-store customers to benefit from new technologies to not only keep track of an item but to auction it off too – customers are able to do this through the app thanks to our partnership with Chiswick Auctions.
Each app user is able to transform their assets into “logit” cards, establishing an instantly accessible record of which items are stored, the cost and exactly where they are.
As a storage yard business owner, Dominic is in the perfect position to see the benefit of having additional services to offer customers. It’s not simply about enhancing value and providing something different, it’s really about giving yard owners and customers the opportunity to record and locate the items they have in storage.
This is also incredibly important information for a self-store owner to possess too, since ensuring that insurance is adequately able to cover the items in storage onsite is absolutely vital.
How Can the App Benefit Storage Yard Owners?
The Store Log Flog app is a flexible and dynamic solution designed to offer a huge array of benefits to self-store owners.
First of all, it’s a brand-new chargeable service to offer your customer base and, as we’ve mentioned, it’s a great way to calculate the value of the goods you have onsite to ensure you have the right insurance premium to cover any losses.
The app can also improve your business by:
- Helping you stand out from the crowd by offering a solution that your competitors aren’t able to.
- Offering an attractive bonus for potential tenants.
- Improving communication between yourself and your tenants through our chat feature which is integrated into the app.
- Increasing brand awareness to those looking for a self-storage solution in your area.
- Solidifying brand loyalty once you’ve allowed tenants to store their items and log them into the app.
How Can the App Benefit Self-Store Tenants and Homeowners?
Whether you’re a homeowner or a self-store tenant, there are a wealth of features within the app ideally suited to your needs.
Using the app you can find a local storage yard with the space you require, claim a unit, create a virtual space and replicate where you’re storing your items physically in this virtual space.
For added peace of mind, you can take pictures of your items, associate a value to them and generate LOGGIT cards to ensure you have the added peace of mind in knowing exactly where any potentially valuable items are being stored – whether in a unit at a self-store yard or in the loft at home.
Further benefits for homeowners and tenants include:
- The ability to create a completely shareable inventory of items with the LOGGIT cards.
- Being able to store and organise your items with complete ease.
- Making money through our partnership with auction house Chiswick Auctions, who can value your items through the Get Valued function.
- If you’re planning on moving physical items from one storage location to the other, the app allows you to make these changes with just a click.
The Store Log Flog app is now available to download for free from Google Play or the Apple Store.